Futures are meandering near the flat line after Friday’s record close on Wall Street. Here’s what we’re watching ahead of Monday’s opening bell.
- Futures for the S&P 500, which closed Friday at its 31st all-time high of the year, drifted between muted gains and losses. Contracts on the Dow Jones Industrial Average edged down 0.1%. Futures for the Nasdaq-100 ticked up 0.3%, pointing to modest gains for technology stocks.
- Bitcoin is having a strong morning, rising more than 6%. Gold and oil were both slightly lower.
What’s Coming Up
- The Texas Manufacturing Outlook Survey for June is due at 10:30 a.m. ET.
- Earnings are due from
after the close.
Market Movers to Watch
shares are down 1.6% premarket. The cruise operator last week said its loss for the second quarter narrowed, and the company’s chief executive said it is working to return its full fleet to operations by next spring.
also slipped, by 1.1%.
‘s booster rockets are kicking in. Its shares are up more than 7% premarket, building on Friday’s 39% gain that came after the company got the go-ahead from U.S. authorities to start carrying paying passengers to the edge of space.
- Bitcoin wallet provider
Global was getting a boost from the cryptocurrency’s rise early Monday. Coinbase shares gained 1.8%. Bitcoin miners were gaining too, with
up 3.9% and
shares lost some altitude, shedding 1.3% premarket. The Seattle Times reported over the weekend that the FAA told the plane maker an updated version of its 777 long-haul airliner is not ready for certification, and likely won’t be until late 2023.
edged up 0.5% premarket.
lifted its rating and price target for the equipment-rental company’s stock.
- The New York Stock Exchange on Friday had its largest trading volume in more than three months, as more than 7.6 billion shares changed hands.
- Trade Desk’s stock jumped 16%, leading a strong uptick among other so-called ad-tech players, after Google announced plans Thursday to delay its phaseout of third-party tracking cookies.
Chart of the Day
- Broad gauges of market performance are surging together in a way few on Wall Street have ever seen, masking volatility under the surface.
Must Reads Since You Went to Bed
Copyright ©2020 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8